Friday, 13 April 2012

Consequences of the Chernobyl accident

As I wrote before, I work in the Vetka district. This is the most affected area of the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

First, the authorities did not tell people about the tragedy, even in the homes and factories were built for the refugees, and only in 1991 (5 years after the accident), the bosses decided to tell people that the land, the air is contaminated and can not live here. 59 villages was resettled, this is the largest number of dead settlements in the country. People will never return to their homes!!!!


Today I publish some photos. On them you will see the village Fedorovka and Novilovka. Rather, what is left of them. On the map you'll see that in the center of Vetka district to live. There's only a dead village. By the way, my village is not far from the city - just to the left: "Хальч", it is a village in which I work.


The village in which I work, is practically in the exclusion zone. We can live, but can not walk in the woods, swim in the river. go fishing...

Look at these photos to see how my country has suffered from the accident at Chernobyl.










No comments:

Post a Comment