Sunday, 1 April 2012

Postavy, Church of St. Anthony of Padua

A year ago I went to the city of Postavy. It is located in the northwest of the country, 70 km from Vilnius. I really liked this little town, I made a lot of interesting photos. And I want to tell you about a wonderful church, which stands on the banks of the river Myadelka. This is the Church of St. Anthony of Padua.

Here is a quote from the "Encyclopedia of Belarus", "Postavy CHURCH St. Anthony of Padua, neo-Gothic architectural monument in the center of Postavy, Vitebsk region. Was built in 1898-1904 from a brick on the right bank of the river Myadelka. Church is cruciform in plan of the temple with a 5 - sided apse. bulk covered with 2-pitched tiled roof. Multi-storey tower of 100 m completed pavilion roof. side facades are cut high lancet window openings. Entrances are decorated three lancet portals. "

The first photos were taken in July 2010.







These two photos I took during a trip in January 2011.





And the last pictures I had brought from the trip in May 2011.





No comments:

Post a Comment