Sunday, 28 October 2012

Postage stamps of Belarus


My father has a philatelist. He collects stamps from different countries. Of course, the stamps of my country is one of the biggest parts of his collection.

First stamp appeared in Belarus in 1918. Then modern Belarus did not yet exist. It was another country with different boundaries. It was called the Belarusian People's Republic.
Here it is


New stamps was printed in 1920. Here they are.

Then Belarus became part of the Soviet Union, has lost its independence. Therefore, from 1922 to 1991 there are no real Belarusian stamps.
There Soviet postage stamps, which are devoted to Belarus (its history, the Second World War, culture, industry of my country, famous Belarusians and so on). But in all these stamps  were signed by the USSR.


Only 20 March 1992 released a postage stamp, which was printed "Republic of Belarus." It shows a cross Euphrosyne of Polotsk.

Since that time, been many different types of stamps. Philatelists gladly fill their collection. My father was no exception. Part of his pension he spend on the stamps.

Postage stamps in my country often devote culture, outstanding people, athletes (the sport in Belarus has an important role), architecture, history, nature and ethnography.

To my regret, the parents don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of stamps from the Internet.
Someday I'll take a picture of my father stamps and posted them here.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Migalayte
    Beautyful blog you have here
    I am from Denmark and collecting stamps from your Country. I will look forward to see pictures from your fathers collection.
    Best regards
    Arne

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much would it cost to send a letter to Finland or the United States from Belarus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cost depends on the weight of the letter, its importance. About 3-4 dollars, I think. I can specify at the post office of course.

      Delete
  3. Do you accept link-exchange requests? I would like to place a link on this page. https://stampuoso.com/listing/belarus . Please contact me and send your link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've shared postal stamps collection, they are really beautiful. And you have provided information about the stamps, it is very important. People get a lot of benefit from reading similar information.
    Thank you so much

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely exceptional. Even though variety of article on this topic, this article carries a number of the treasured points which had been never be read in other articles.
    Pincodestreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many many thanks for the author as this information is very much important for me and I was searching this from a long time.
    Zkarts

    ReplyDelete