Monday, 17 December 2012

Winter in Belarus: snowstorms, accidents

December 2012 is very snowy. Forecasters say it's the first time in 15 years. December 12 blizzard covered the southern and south-eastern parts of the country. Big city Mazyr remained without electricity and water. To this day there is no electricity in 15 locations.

I live in Gomel, blizzard has not affected my city. But I went to work on December 11 very slowly. I saw a big red car in a ditch. I saw the accident cars and trolley. They met on a slippery road. I went out of the car and the Mazda sped toward me. It is not caught me and the car, it turned across the road. It was only Tuesday morning.

Today, many trains could not leave Minsk because snowstorm snowed tracks. I called my mother, she lives in the south-west of Belarus. She said the heavy snow falls in the city and do not drive cars on the roads. I know that various European countries hit by heavy snowfalls. Belarus is also a part of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment