Sunday, 17 March 2013

Hurricane Javier covered Belarus

Today is March 17, 2013. 

I was at home yesterday, I did not go to work: all classes bylі canceled. Hurricane Javier came to Belarus.

My parents live in Kobrin, is in the south-west of the country, near Warsaw. My father told terrible things on the phone. He said that the wind turned the truck near Brest. Most highways were closed yesterday. People could not get home. Many drivers were not able to get to towns and stayed the night on the highway. Thank God, the volunteers got a ride victims. Website tut.by full of gratitude to the ordinary people who support each other, and helped start the car, drive home, warmed.

Rainfall was in Gomel on Friday. I soaked on the way to work. My umbrella did not protect me from the wind and rain. And puddles. Huge, broad, dark water. They hid all the irregularities of asphalt, so several times I fell into the water. My clothes were wet)), but in high school I was dry, in the classroom was warm and my spirits rose. Not for long. Two hours later the rain turned into a continuous flow of water.Now I'm home and I look out the window. The sun is shining, the grass is slightly covered with snow. I believe that the Gomel lucky. The hurricane did not touch us. A little, maybe.

But others much less fortunate. Now people across the country cope with the consequences of Hurricane.

I will post a few pictures for you to see what was happening in Belarus.

All pictures taken from the site tut.by


No comments:

Post a Comment