Friday, 28 June 2013

Machanka - a national Belarusian food

Machanka (serves 4)


Ingredients: 
500g pork,
300ml beef stock,
40g butter,
1 onion,
25g flour,
200ml sour cream,
spices and salt to taste

Method:
1. Brown the pork until crisp, add the stock and season.
2. Cook on the hob for 20 minutes.
3. In a separate saucepan, sauté the flour for a couple of minutes. Add 2 spoonfuls of stock and stir. Add sour cream and season and cook over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Fry the onion and add to the pork.
5. Pour the mixture into an oven dish and add the sour cream.
6. Cook at 175ºC (350ºF) for 20 minutes.
7. Serve in the pot, with pancakes for dipping.


2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm glad I've stumbled upon your blog and read your passion for food and the story behind it. I love your blog from the first time I saw it! I like how you write about foods, making me feel "to love the food more." I've been visiting blogs everyday for I am always up for new and refreshing dishes for my small business. Recently, I've been engrossed in discovering and exploring wide varieties of recipes from Europe to incorporate in my business.

    By the way, I have found a cooking competition that I think you might get interested in. It's about cooking your national dish. The stake? A chance to win an Ipad mini or money! I think you will be a perfect fit to represent your Belarus! =)

    Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/IngredientMatcher
    http://www.slideshare.net/IngredientMatcher/competition-from-ingredient-matcher-cook-your-national-dish-25773568

    Goodluck! I hope to see you in the competition. I know you can make it! =)


    Regards,

    Maan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like my blog? I am very pleased

      Delete