Friday, 11 April 2014

Belarusian folk song "Kanushnia" (A Stable)

 I suggest you to listen to the Belarusian folk song. This song is popular enough in my country. This song is performed many times on stage. Different groups sang it differently. And today I will show you that.

Here is a translation of the first part of song. Each line is sung twice. 
I will go into a new stable.
I will saddle the black horse
Then I'll go to the field
There I'll tie the my horse 
And go for a beautiful girl.

This variant is (in my opinion) the closest to the original recording. Music band "Palace" sings this song. 

Прослушать или скачать Палац Канюшня бесплатно на Простоплеер

This version of the song created by Belarusian band "Klich".

Прослушать или скачать Клiч Канюшня бесплатно на Простоплеер
This is a rock version of "Stable" performed by the band B.N.

Прослушать или скачать Б.Н. Канюшня бесплатно на Простоплеер
And this is a very interesting version of the song. Russian project "Ivan Kupala" creates their cover versions of folk songs. They often twist two or three songs in a single composition. Therefore, you will hear two Belarusian songs simultaneously. "Stable" starts on the 30th second.

Прослушать или скачать Неизвестный исполнитель Дорожка 4 бесплатно на Простоплеер

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog today. Greetings from Montreal, Canada. Thank you so much for sharing this music. I love folk songs and had never heard these before. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete